Monday 8 March 2010

Just another manic Monday.....

Happy Monday everyone! Doesnt that come round quick eh?

I feel like Im playing catch up at the minute with everything, but the sun is shining (even though there is frost on the gorund- but Im looking upwards not down lol). We went to the beach yesterday and it was so warm we had to take our coats off (good indication for a hot summer? Well thats debatable but it was lovely). As such my outfit was casual and comfy the 2 words that seem to rule my weekend outfits.

I wore (and excuse the inane look on my face! I dont know why either!):




Flared faded blue jeans: Next
white vest: Primark
Strawberry print jumper: New Look via ebay.
Fake uggs (not seen): Priceless...I only really wear these to the beach or down the fields as I can stick them straight in the washer after.


Todays outfit is slightly better but I didnt chose it...I will explain...last night I had a major strop when I opened my wardobe to a sea of skirts, dresses and trousers, and my mind went totally blank, I had to arrange an outfit for today last night as i knew I would be up and out early.....but what to wear?? After a long time pulling things out and putting them back again I was in a grump, so shutting the door I turned to Jamie and decided that HE would choose me an outfit! "Madness" I hear you cry?? Well maybe! My Oh does have style and taste but hes very much a lazy boy that will wear the first thing that comes out of the wardrobe (he went to work dressed top to toe in black today)...so I thought if anything it would give me a laugh seeing him try but I think he came up good!



Im wearing: floral and paisley print dress: Peacocks sale.
Raspberry tights: Primark
black cami: Next
Ruched cropped cardigan: ebay
green shell necklace and matching earrings: Primark
Black belt: taken from the black and white dress I wore the other day.
brown biker boots: Aldo via ebay.


What do you think? the boy did good eh? Yes there is a teeny tiny discretion to this outfit in that the dress is technically black (could be blue if you squint at it in the right light and turn your head away from the sun?) but I reckon that it *could* be allowed since the edge of the dress is actually green?? Mmmm Im sure I will get told off fo this, if so it wasnt me it was him! LOL.

Seriously though I would urge anyone to challenge their partners/friends to choosing them an outfit! If anything it will give you a laugh at the look of terror on their faces at that request!

On to other matters, I have been looking though my box of old summer clothes that a wee bit too big for me. Rather than sell/ donate them then have to buy a whole new lot again I have decided to try my hand at adapting them for my size now. So I have a few items that I will post over the next few days to gauge an opinion on what (and how) to do with them. So first up is this skirt:




I bought this in the Next sale a few years ago. It is a size 14 but too big for me so will have to take the waist in. However I like the fabric of it (its like a crinkly cotton) and its lovely and cool for the summer, but I dont like the shape of it...its too...I dunno... full? Im wondering if I could maybe make it into a pair of loose cullottes? do you think that would work? I would have to take away some of the fabric to do this then split it in the middle and sew up....Thats the idea but Im no dressmaker though I can sew...so any tips/ suggesations would be most appreciated! I dont want to end up with a pair of shorts that would suit a pensioner going on a coach trip! lol

And lastly I found this little gem in my summer box!





Its not one of the bigger things I bought it last year off ebay before I started dieting as I loved it so much but at a size 12 I didnt give myself much hope of getting into it...fast forward almost 12 months and it fits! Its a strapless sun dress which can also be worn as a skirt as it has a stretchy band top, it has a lovely crocheted effect on the hem ...I cant wait for it to be warm enough to wear this!



Just to end I am working on a giveaway which should be ready hopefully this week to celebrate the blog reaching 20 followers- woohoo- watch this space!

Have a great day everyone! x

8 comments:

  1. Didn't Jamie do well? You look gorgeous in both pictures, colourful and not at all "safe", well done. I think I'll let you get away with the dress as it's so colourful.
    That shirred top skirt/dress is beautiful, that's gonna look fab for the summer months.
    The skirt can easily be made into cullottes by marking the centre and cutting up the middle by about 6 inches, turning inside out and sewing together or you could wear it over your bust, like a boob tube. You could tie to belt at the waist in a big bow or cut it up to make straps.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thats a good idea I never thought about making it into a top, cant wait to get started on it thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, he did really well Sharon ! I love the dress and it goes great with the tights ! I think my DH would have a coronary if I asked him to choose my outfit and I'm not ready to claim the insurance money just yet !
    The skirt is cute - let us know what you decide to do, can't wait to see the finished item :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the outfit choice made by your OH. You should test him again and see if it was just a fluke, then if he does good again let him make those difficult decisions for you every day :)

    And i love the Crochet hem dress. Many wears for that this summer I'm predicting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your OH did a good job picking that out! It's very pulled together. I can just see my hubby's face if I asked him to pick out an outfit for me (and besides I know he would just pick out underwear... lol.)

    That's a gorgeous sun dress, and I know you will enjoy feeling fab in it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your strawberry top - so cute!
    Very impressed with how your bloke did in choosing you an outfit - I like it a lot.

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That strawberry jumper is soooo cute, I want one xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh he did a good job! Love the raspberry tights with it as well.

    ReplyDelete