Saturday 13 February 2010

I see a red door and I want it painted black, no colours anymore I want them to turn black

Happy Saturday all! Wet and miserable day here. Eldest son is having friends over so my living room will be filled with 12 year old boys squabbling over xbox games, so I am planning a lovely afternoon by myself rearranging my wardrobe (ie hiding from all of them).

Title of this post is lyrics from Rolling Stones Paint it black...on those random quizzes you get on facebook and the like "what song are you" I always end up with this one...says a lot about me then! Music features as a big part of my life and I mostly walk around singing some random track to myself...I would much rather have my mp3 player on than the tv to fill the background with noise

Ok to todays outfit. I thought since I was in the house all day I may as well try out the new ebay bargain for shortness factor...So far its not too bad but Im wondering if the shape is too young for me? It reminds me of a ballet skirt with its shape so thought I would run with that and teamed it with a mock wrap tshirt that kind of looks like a ballet top...ok maybe not...maybe I just picked up the first thing that came to hand? Thick black tights accompany the outfit and my white pumps bought from Matalan last year and still going strong.... Silver butterfly necklace (looks gold in the pic but its a blingy diamond silver) and earrings as standard for me! What do you think?

I apologise for the random setting of the pics on here I still havent figured out what Im doing! Oh and excuse the broken door thats another job that needs doing round here.......Also I look like I have really dodgy make up on here but I dont it must be the lighting....

Whats everyone up to today?


12 comments:

  1. I think it looks gorgeous on you! Definitely not too short or too young. And the pumps are perfect with it.

    Have fun with your wardrobe :) I'm stuck in work all day today, doom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely skirt and it suits you down to the ground. Great idea to team it with white pumps, it adds to the off-duty dancer look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the skirt - definitely not too short or young it works really well with the black top. Where is it from? I love those style of skirts.

    Have to say I adore your butterfly necklace - I'd love a super sparkly one just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone.

    Shazza the skirt was a 99p bargain from ebay its a New Look one though and my necklace is an Asda special, they have lots of lovely butterfly/ dragonfly related jewellery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the skirt, it is very swooshable! The pumps look really cute, quite nautical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretttty outfit and I love your blog layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the skirt- what a bargain! I almost bought that necklace from Asda but got the similar bow instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skirt looks like the perfect length sitting just above the knee, looks fab with the pumps but would look just as good with some long boots. Love the butterflies too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s just put that track on youtube, been years since I listened to it, reminds me of being a kid and my dad listening to the stones

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you get the necklace recently? I went to Asda today and funnily enough brought a butterfly necklace but didn't see anything that looked like yours.

    Great bargain on that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got the necklace round September time last year and wore it to death since then! think I need to buy another....I have 6 butterfly necklaces though :@ lol

    ReplyDelete