Monday 1 March 2010

Nice day for a white wedding........

Morning people and Happy Monday!


Wow the weekends gone quick hasnt it? We attended my step sisters wedding on Saturday and had a lovely time. it was slightly stressful getting everyone ready and trying to keep them all clean til we left but we managed it!

My outfit was bought entirely from ebay (well you wouldnt expect anything less from me would you?) and I was pretty chuffed with the result! I wore black strapless dress with (dunno how you would describe it) cinderella hem? Hankie hem? Parachute??? Dunno but it went up and down in seperate layers! This was from Jane Norman (bought new). Over this I wore a mint green mohair shrug from New Look (new with tags). My Dotty P's black and white cross stap mary janes- I originally wanted to wear my peep toe shoes but the weather and the fact that I had the kids with me meant I went a bit more practical with my footwear. Jewellery was a lovely 3 strand imitation pearl necklace with bow fastening and a pair of pearl drop earrings. A green bracelet was need to cover up my disaterous fake tan lines (tip do not fake tan the night before a do as it will alway look bad/ streaky!)and a huge green cocktail ring.

I can safely say my dress stayed up all day which was a worry for me given it it strapless and was very comfortable. I felt really nice even if my hair went a tad frizzy from being straightened!

Ive included a pic of my mum and I at the wedding. She looked very much the mother of the bride and wore a fushia skirt suit with black tights and some wicked patent shoes with purple heels (I should have taken a pic they are so fab!). shame shes only a size 3 else I would have thrifted (pinched) them lol. i look blimming awful in that pic as I was very flushed and felt bad as I was full of (man) flu!








Todays outfit I wanted a bit of colour in my outfit so I went for: Long black skirt with flower hem and sequins- 99p via, yes you guessed it, ebay! Black puff sleeve jumper from Primark with a black cami under. I teamed this with my raspberry tights bought from Primark ages ago- only £1.00 and the most comfy tights I own and my new black ballet pumps bought last week from Tescos. Simple purple butterfly necklace and purple drop earrings.

I must admit I was dreading going out in these tights! I have worn them before but alway covered them up with my boots so to have them on full show was a big thing! I got a few looks walking into school this morning but I dont care, they will have to get used to it 'as the blue ones I bought the other day are still to come lol.

Excuse the state of my horrid sofa the cat has decided its his scratching post! Roll on a few months time when I can get a new one!










Anyway looong post! Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You looked beautiful. Love the shape of the dress on you and the pop of colour from the blue nail polish.
    Isn't your mum pretty? She looks very young.
    My cats are very evil with my furniture, they have to rag everything so even my very rare new purchases soon get the vintage look.
    Loving the pretty new layout. That butterfly header is stunning.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that dress is a gorgeous colour and I love how you've accessorised it with colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning in that dress, would never guess you felt ill. The cardi is so pretty too.

    Your sofa looks fine to me, but then I am living with a cat-scratched and broken leather sofa and a cream carpet made blotchy by vast quantities of cat puke - oh the glamourous life I lead. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, you look so fab in the wedding outfit! The shape of the dress is brilliant on you and I really like the way all the accessories work with it.

    Wonderful tights too. More people should wear bright tights.

    I love the new butterfly header as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments- and Im sooo pleased Im not the only one that has a shabby (chic) house due to a feline lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the black dress! I bought a skirt like that from the charity shop where I work the other day, you've inspired me to wear it tomorrow with coloured tights, also inspired by you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete