Tuesday 2 March 2010

Sun in the sky you know how I feel......

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Its a glorious day here the sun is shining, its still cold but its lovely out and its lifted my mood now end!

I went to the shops this morning to have a look. Admitedly I went to buy party invitations but seemed to get distracted by the 1/2 price sale at Matalan (oops). They had loads of lovely stuff in the sale I could have spent a fortune, but I was quite restrained I think. Most of the Beau (?) range was half price, I put this down to the fact that 99% of the population round here go round in trainers and jogging bottoms- no one seems to wear coloured tights, skirts or pretty florals. Oh well all the more for me!

Rooting around I found a full rail of these beautiful skirts. At £7.00 I had to have one. It has the same hem design as the dress I wore to the wedding on Saturday, and since I had so many lovely comments on the shape I thought why not? I think it will look fab with coloured tights and my black pumps- or when its summer equally lovely with a vest and some flip flops (I actually have some nice ones that I already know will go with it)- see Im learning!



Speaking of tights I have been looking to build on my collection- though Im still nervous about wearing coloured tights out (daft isnt it?). So when I saw these ones at only £1.50 each I grabbed them! The ones on the right are actually proper turqouise ones that I have been searching for for what seems like forever. I also got some Argyle patterned ones as I love that pattern and they will go with anything.



I also got this lovely ring, its purple with a floral pattern and it fits me! All my other rings are too big so it was nice to find one that fits on a finger and not a thumb!




Anyway to justify this mini spend I have decided to transfer the amount I paid from the paypal balance to the bank account- so Im spend neutral- right?? lol

I really really really want this though! Its soooo gorgeous in real life but I could only justify buying it if we get a proper summer as I doubt I would wear it otherewise- still gorgeous though- need to sell some more stuff on ebay me thinks!

Oh and I never found any party invites I liked haha!



So todays outfit was inspired my Alex at oddsockandprettyfrocks and her haul yesterday (still after that pretty pretty polka dot dress). I decided to wear my Primark floral tea dress. I have a small problem with this dress in that its a wee bit too small for me...so much so the button round my middle tends to pop open every now and then- eek!oh well diet time again I think! Hence why I have put a long sleeve t shirt under. I was going to wear some grey tights with this but as you can see the dress is short! So on go the trusty leggings...I think i need to set myself a challenge of no leggings for a week or so? What do you think? I wore this with my long pirate boots, pink beret (and matching scarf) and my black coat as it was still frosty ooutside this morning. I wore my vintage stlye butterfly necklace, small gold effect drop earrings and a couple of stretchy bangles (I need more jewellery!).

(excuse Gromit in the backgorund having a snooze lol)





href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgxHbEWluhbkXg3CQsmGn4YIUpP3HTJ5ztZjvxzGTMQb31gFzAuZbuQaDQgc6D6tyAaiiGqIhbFAU0V1zewTPg-zdRzq_61hvSv7oouVq5kU4tH1JdifJ5ARotdCpijtGtfNW05EO9WPP72/s1600-h/DSC04904.JPG">


So there you go- have fun in the sun today everyone! x

7 comments:

  1. What do I think? Absolutely gorgeous outfit, love! You look young,fresh and funky...love it!
    Every girl needs more jewellery.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, an almost Land Girl-ish vibe going on today. I looove that butterfly print dress and it would look great on you. Where on earth did you get those fab patterned tights at that price? You lucky thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good old Matalan! Havent taken that out the packet yet so dunno how they are going to look but at 1.50 who cares lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't been to Matalan in ages, think I need to take a little trip! Fab buys and lovely outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty outfit, the beret really makes it stand out!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it :) And how nice that I inspired an outfit for someone else!

    I think you should buy the butterfly dress. Even if we don't get much sunshine this summer you can pop tights underneath and a cardi over and it will look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex thats naughty! Dont tempt me! lol

    ReplyDelete